Friday, December 4, 2009

The Hunger Games


I just read the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It takes place in a future where the US has collapsed and been replaced with Panem, a country made up of a capital and twelve districts. Every year, each district is forced to send one boy and one girl called "tributes" to the capital to compete in the hunger games, a competition where the 24 tributes are put into a giant outdoor area and have to fight to the death until the one remaining tribute is crowned victor. In the book, 16-year-old Katniss Everdeen volunteers to take her younger sister Prim's place in the games. Now Katniss will have to face 23 other tributes in a fight to make it back home. There's also a little bit of an interesting love story that questions what your feelings will tell you when loving someone is the difference between life and death.
I absolutely LOVED this book! It is so suspenseful and exciting that I finished it in two days and the sequel in three! I'm a person that is easily repulsed by guts and gore, but although people are killed, the book never gets too gory. I'd rate this book a 9 or 9.5 and can't wait for the third one next fall!

~Lily

3 comments:

guest said...

I like that book. I can't believe nobody put it up on the blog yet.
-Sam

guest said...

Sorry I made the cover so big
~Lily

Gadiel said...

Sounds interesting...
I might decide to read it. But I never got chance pick it up at the library... Oh well.

I'll try to get it over the summer.
- Gadiel