Friday, December 4, 2009

Unwind


Unwind is probably the best book I have ever read. Unwind is about a world where human body parts are harvested from people when they turn thirteen. Not everyone is unwound, only the unwanted or problematic children. Unwind is from the prospective of three main characters. Two of the characters are "normal" unwinds, which were chosen to be unwound because they were unneeded, but the other one, named Lev is a tithe. Tithes are honorary unwinds. Their unwinding is looked at as a privilege, rather than a death sentence. So the story follows the three main characters, and their struggle to escape their doomed fate, but meet constant snags.
I read this book from a suggestion in library by Ellen, and reinforced my decision from raves by Lily.I loved Unwind because all of the problems they face seem impossible to avoid, and some don't get avoided, which makes unwind a very unpredictable book to read. Unwind was a thoroughly riveting book that twisted and turned too many times to count. For your own sake, READ IT!!!

5 comments:

guest said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
guest said...

9 out of 10. Everyone should read this book.
- Sam

guest said...

I ADORE THIS BOOK!
It kept me up nights after I finished it because I was just thinking about it!
READ IT!
~Lily

Kenzie S said...

One of the best books Ive EVER read! 10/10. There's maybe 4 other books out there that are better, and thats it.

Anna J said...

it sounds creepy though...